Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can’t keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You’ll Do
As a Tech Lead, Quality, you contribute to testing throughput of a team and line of business as well as guiding and growing a small group of direct reports. A Tech Lead, Quality is a demanding position, hybrid between individual contributor and people management. The Tech Lead exposes great QA Core skills, ideally strong test automation skills and begins his journey in leading people.
Key Position Responsabilities
· Share SOVOS VALUES and spread the Annual Plan – Thematic Goal.
· Ensure that QA processes & practices are followed and enchanced to reach maximum quality levels for any product.
· Partner with Scrum Master, QA and Development leaders to examine and iterate QA Best Practices.
· Follow Leader/Management Sovos best practices and translate the vision into actionable directives.
· Participate in selection process of new QA team members.
· Help and coach to identify testing coverage gaps.
· Promotes DevOps culture, Shift Left Testing concepts and test automation as means to gain efficiency.
· Align with QA Principal/Architect on testability, automation improvement & ensure all team members are as well.
· Ensure test automation is a priority in the development cycle.
· Perform code review of test automation projects.
· Participates as individual contributor in 1 line of business.
· Align with the Sovos philosophy and build a strategy that supports QA Global objectives.
· Look for growth opportunities for direct reports and participates in Performance Review cycle.
· Teaches and mentors new QAs about Sovos Core Values/ Global QA Practices and put it in practice.
· Works with Leads and Managers across Sovos to improve collaboration
· Delivers effective presentations, knows audience and keeps it simple.
· Communicates clearly during stressful situations, and considers tone and cadence
· Develops the ability to listen what people are not saying and allows appropriate dissents.
What We Need From You:
· 6-10 years’ experience
· Continued focus on lifelong learning
· Can coach others to learn new things, apply those learnings at various scales, & develop teaching skills
· Can identify knowledge gaps at scale and take steps to address them
· Ability to set goals and provide guidelines and ability to delegate
· Embraces change and communicates it effectively; ensures understanding on why the change happens and effectively communicates it to the team.
· Invested in the development of their team. Understands how to provide constructive feedback. Actively engages in coaching and mentoring.
· Able to get key messages across the organization in a way that is inspiring and motivating. Understands how to influence and negotiate outcomes
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees earned a promotion or job change In FY2020? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder – we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates – we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to establish next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and those seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.