Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can’t keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will apply a systematic approach to the development, delivery, maintenance, and operation of software products and services. They work with others across the business to understand customer needs and develop high value solutions. They are accountable for the design and implementation of solutions that meet software functional and non-functional needs and adhere to established development standards. Throughout the lifecycle, the Software Engineer is a consultant to others in their area(s) of expertise and they continually develop skills relevant to their role.
What We Need From You
- Adept in SDLC and an active participant in all major activities (Planning, Stand Up, Story Time, etc.)
- Develop skills using TDD and CI practices
- Function competently as an individual contributor
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Development
- Managers, Quality Assurance, UX Design, and other technical staff to refine user needs and designs
- Participate on cross functional teams to deliver solutions from the point of inception through customer delivery
- Improve processes, standards and practices
- Work as a team member and with more senior developers on complex stories & tasks
- Pair program effectively with more junior & senior developers
- Develop programs consistent with Sovos coding standards & conventions
- Build skill in at least one specific technical expertise (Database, SAP, Web Development, etc.)
- Find and update relevant documentation when developing
- Able to triage and resolve simple engineering escalations
- Work with other team members to solve complex problems
What We Need From You:
- At least five years working as a software developer; preferably with .NET
- Capable of troubleshooting issues & bugs within their application of expertise
- Applies defined practices / procedures to design, implement, and support individual software projects
- Builds effective working relationships with team members
- Authors or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation
- Performs and designs testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested
- Delivers production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional needs
- Multitasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining integrity, reliability, ethical practices and a professional focus on projects.
- Knowledge of multiple object oriented programming languages, including C# and Java
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees earned a promotion or job change In FY2020? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder – we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes?
Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates – we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to establish next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and those seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.