We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to join our team!
The Work You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, applies a systematic approach to the development, delivery, maintenance, and operation of software products and services. They work with others across the business to understand customer needs and develop high value solutions. They are accountable for the design and implementation of solutions that meet software functional and non-functional requirements and adhere to established development standards. Throughout the lifecycle, the Software Engineer is a consultant to others in their area(s) of expertise and they continually develop skills relevant to their role.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
What We Need From You
- Competent in SDLC and an active participant in all major activities (Planning, Stand Up, Story Time, etc.)
- Develop skills using TDD and CI practices
- Function competently as an individual contributor, completing relatively small tasks independently
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Development
- Managers, Quality Assurance, Experience Design, and other technical staff to refine requirements and designs
- Participate on cross functional teams to deliver solutions from the point of inception through customer delivery
- Improve processes, standards and practices
- Work as a team member and with more senior developers on complex stories & tasks
- Pair program effectively with more junior & senior developers
- Develop programs consistent with Sovos coding standards & conventions
- Build skill in at least one specific technical expertise (Database, SAP, Web Development, etc.)
- Competent in at least one Sovos application
- Find and update relevant documentation when developing
- Able to triage and resolve simple engineering escalations
- Work with other team members to solve complex problems
- Capable of troubleshooting issues & bugs within their application of expertise
- Applies defined practices / procedures to design, implement, and support individual software projects
- Builds effective working relationships with team members
- Authors or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation
- Performs and designs testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested
- Delivers production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
- Multitasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining integrity, reliability, ethical practices and a professional focus on projects.
- Knowledge of multiple object oriented programming languages, including C# and Java
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Essential Job Functions:Interact effectively with teammates, colleagues and customers
- Comprehend and communicate complex concepts
- Concentrate, analyze and resolve complex problems
- Utilize technology (e.g. phone systems, computer hardware and software applications) to fulfill work requirements
How You’ll Grow
Growth is serious business at Sovos!
In the past 12 months, nearly one-third of our employees experienced career growth in the form of promotions, career changes, and lateral moves
Merit-based compensation philosophy and a corporate bonus program
There are clear paths of growth within our roles.
What We Can Offer!
The opportunity to grow as a professional – and as a person – through various company-provided development opportunities, including:
CLOUD Rotation Program
The IDEA Mentor Program
LEADS and IMPACT
Progressive Wellness Program
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their “biggest growth challenge.” That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients’ success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!