Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can’t keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You’ll Do
Product Development at Sovos is an integral part of what we do as a organization. As a member of the Scrum team you will fully grasp why we build software the way we do and be able to influence their scrum team.
More specifically, you will:
- Facilitate efficient and valuable daily stand ups
- Identify additional metrics to measure team productivity focused on team needs
- Facilitate clear Action Plans based on Retrospective Items for continuous improvement
- Motivate the team to deliver results and facilitate negotiation and problem-solving sessions
- Guide the team to clarify, develop, and iterate on a team’s identity
- Be proactive in preparing Support and Professional Services for the delivery of software
- Promote Sovos Core Values in day to day activities
- Exposure to other teams and how they operate (scrum of scrum level)
- Effectively conveys dependencies to other development teams
- Participate in scrum of scrums and work toward consensus when team decisions are necessary
- Recognize and appreciate the contributions of team members
- Practice the ability to resolve conflicts within the team with coaching
- Facilitate the implementation, acceptance and sustainability of change at Sovos within scrum team.
- Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches when addressing problems and opportunities
- Facilitate the documentation and refinement of branching/merging/reviewing techniques
- Identify areas of improvement regarding testing concepts
- Proactively identify basic Cloud Ops impacts.
What we need from you
- Demonstrate deeper knowledge of basic tools with capacity to extract more value from those tools for themselves and for the Scrum Team
- Appreciate the value of higher quality stories and estimation for more productive Grooming/Planning sessions
- Comprehend functional product and technology areas, their processes and how that impacts your team
- Capacity to manage competing priorities and goals well
- Show capacity to acknowledge mistakes and use them as learning opportunities.
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that almost 30% of our employees earned a promotion or job change In FY2020? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder – we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates – we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to establish next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and those seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.