Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can’t keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You’ll Do:
At Sovos – we are only as good as the products that we deliver to our clients. And we could not do that without having best in class development teams. And we can build the best products in the world – but even the best developers make mistakes. Or miss things. And that’s where our Quality Assurance team comes in! As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will work closely with Sovos customers and team members to ensure products and services work in a fully integrated manner as expected by the customer.
More specifically you will:
- Identifies areas of improvement regarding testing concepts and personal gaps and is proactive to address
- Maintains QA Best Practices in high pressure situations.
- Creates and maintains test plans to ensure that all test scenarios are covered.
- Performs and documents results of test runs, both automated and manual, and conveys those results to the development team for appropriate resolution.
- Regarded as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for module in a product.
- Fully involved in sprint planning to help triage and estimate stories.
- Always includes automated tests on each test suite execution.
- Improves automated tests including efficiency and motivates the team to deliver results with the best quality
- Ensures automated tests are included on the continuous integration.
- Ensures the team contributes to automated test stability.
- Participates in the onboarding process of new hires and assists team members in making decisions.
- Summarizes and communicates acquired knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Conveys complex domain-specific topics, problems, and solutions to a varied audience.
- Influences other product and tech teams including Cloud Ops, InfoSec,
- Architecture, Org Readiness, and User Experience teams.
- Contributes to other products in the product workflow or lines of business and how they operate.
- Works collaboratively to meet agreed-upon deadlines on team assignments and commitments.
- Provides constructive feedback to team and members and responds positively to feedback from team members.
- Independently handles difficult conversations and recognizes when to escalate.
- Provides clear information about work status and blockers
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches when addressing problems and opportunities.
What We Need From You
- At least four years working in a software testing environment
- Able to combine useful exploratory/Ad-hoc testing with pre-defined tests suites.
- Able to perform any type of test cases and to complete troubleshooting.
- Able to work next to a developer to analyze impact of tasks and expected outputs.
- Able to analyze/research cross-impact on other products.
- Remains effective when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees received a promotion or job change In FY2020?That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs in place to make sure of it, including:
Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder – we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes?
Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates – we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to establish next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and those seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply here: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6875&jid=494611&locvalue=1143&bid=3